Thursday, October 28, 2010

I need fun in my life..

I just came from a place where music was plentiful. New bands galore, a venue every block, inspiration and creativity flowing abound. Now I am in a place where music is limp. There is nothing here. Yes, I do live in a very rural area but there still is a bit of a music scene. The main problem is its not diverse enough. There are so many different kinds of music, and people that live here I just am still shocked that all we get is Reggae and Electronic. Every now and again an indie group will come through, but the publicity of it is horrible, and usually I don't hear about the shows until they are well over. You could argue that I should be more adamant on keeping up with the happenings around town. You would be right, but the point is, it shouldn't be that hard. This is a college town, college kids, with college tastes. These college kids look a lot like hipsters, and hipsters love shows. Going to see music is such a great release and a place to let you see the people who make the music you love. If you get lucky you see a band you never heard of and fell in love with based on their show. Then for years to come, their albums remind you of this incredible experience you had when you saw them play. I am lucky enough that over my life, I've seen some very epic shows, well they were epic to me at least, and thats all that matters. Our personal experiences are all we got in life, and why not make them as magical as possible?

Does this blog seem like me just bitching about where I live? Good because it is. I am feeling trapped a bit up here behind the redwood curtain. I need more in life, I need excitement, I need live music that gives me an experience, that makes me fall in love with all over again. This is important to me, this is the type of life I want to lead. I am trying to make that happen in some way. I can't just jump up and move. Thats just impossible to accomplish anytime soon. So what are my options? I can start throwing shows, or start a dj night I suppose. How does one do that? I don't really know. Maybe I will try to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment